Teach Cybersecurity – July 26-30, 2021
The Teach Cybersecurity Workshop is a week-long (5-day) intensive workshop focused on getting educators ready to teach cybersecurity using the Teach Cyber curriculum. The workshop and the Teach Cyber curriculum use the U.S. Cyber Range, which is a cloud-based infrastructure operated by Virginia Tech University, a Teach Cyber partner.
The workshop is a unique-blend of group learning (both synchronous and asynchronous) and customized learning. We customize in order to allow teachers to prepare to use the Teach Cyber curriculum based on 1) whether their cyber security course is year-long, semester, trimester, or 9-week; or 2) if they are integrating cybersecurity into an existing computer science or information technology course.
The cost of the workshop covers attendees’ access to the U.S. Cyber Range for the duration of the workshop. Educators wanting to then implement the Teach Cyber curriculum using the range will either need to purchase U.S. Cyber Range access through Teach Cyber or find a suitable alternative.
To purchase an entire workshop, please contact us.
**Please fill out registration form for each participant. Add multiple forms by clicking the ‘+’ icon.
29 in stock
This workshop will develop knowledge in cybersecurity and how to teach cybersecurity. Specifically, attendees will use multiple thinking strategies to examine real-world cybersecurity issues and problems ranging from:
- Assessing information assets in the context of risks to confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Evaluating and recommending technical controls that can be used to secure data.
- Identifying and predicting the outcomes of security vulnerabilities at the physical/link layer, the network layer, the transport layer, and the application layer.
- Identifying and distinguishing between the purposes of various network security devices and technologies.
- Assessing curricular models, methods and materials for adoption and adaptation into teachers’ respective courses.
- Explore the High School Cybersecurity Curriculum Guidelines
- Teach Cyber curriculum orientation
- U.S. Cyber Range orientation & lab
- Explore the Teach Cyber units, lessons, activities, and assessments
- Hands-on learning through activities and labs
- Customized learning based on implementation plans